This is by no means a complete list, nor is it perfect, feel free to contact me if you need more info on this!
1. Know your triggers & avoid “trigger happy” people!
2. Express yourself: Tell someone, draw, write, paint, dance.
3. Treat yourself: Be…
Wow, fabulous mother is fabulous.
A reminder that Pakistan isn’t just want you hear in the news everyday.
Completing proceedings in a case regarding transgender rights in the country, presided by Judge Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, SC issued a decision saying that transgenders should be given equal basic rights as all citizens.
The decision said that transgenders should be given equal inheritance and job opportunity rights, amongst others.
During the proceedings, transgenders had requested the court to direct the Town Municipal Administration to allow them to rent halls to celebrate birthdays.
The court has directed that the decision should be sent to all chief secretaries and that the latter were to attend to the complaints of the transgender community.
Laura Leprince: Why she kicks ass
- She is a French trans activist who has worked for several years on trans issues, including issues of trans-parenting, in association with Inter-Trans, of which she is a founding member, and has been the president since the end of 2011. She is also involved with TGEU’s steering committee in November 2011 and is running for a new period in 2012-2013.
- She has been focused on advocacy within NGO like HES - LGBT group of “Parti Socialiste” - and currently as leader of ID Trans’ which is a T experts group lobbying French authorities. Since the French Presidential election, she has been part of commission hearings at the Senate, the Parliament and the Ministry of Justice that ended with the first inclusion of gender identity as ground of discrimination in French penal Law (July 31st 2012).
- She Contributed to the FRA report on Homophobia and Discrimination on Grounds of Sexual Orientation in the EU Member States (working group meeting in Copenhagen in May 2008) and put Focus on transgender families topics in 2008-2009 with on-line and printed publications, including one English translation.
- She helped with the creation of the Map of Transphobia (based on testimonials and analysis) built on documentary fund from ILGA Europe, hosted by IDT (id-trans.org)
I know Disney movies are shit, rife with appropriation, dangerous misogyny, etc…
But I fucking love Mulan. She’s like G.I. Jane for kids. I can totally picture Mulan saying “SUCK MY DICK MASTER CHIEF”
Okay maybe not. But something in that spirit.
Before I realized I was trans….I pretty much wanted to either be Mulan or Batman.
Here’s what the 2012 electoral map would have looked like if only white males had voted.
EDIT: Buzzfeed took a stab at this too. They got a slightly different result. In their map, Hawaii, Oregon and DC flip and there is no Maine split. They also examine other scenarios at the link above.
Proud Papas. After trying to become parents for nearly a year, two gay King penguins at the Odense Zoo in Denmark adopted an abandoned egg. The two successfully incubated and hatched a chick last month.